Coronavirus Community Fund
The Coronavirus Community Fund has been established to support community groups through this unprecedented time.
The focus of the fund will be to offer community organisations emergency funding to deal with emerging issues in the community as a result of the continuing threat of coronavirus.
The fund will support the following:
- Community organisations that are preparing themselves to appropriately respond and continue their work in a difficult work environment, and to tailor their specialist services to give help to the people who need it the most
- The development of advice and support initiatives to fill gaps for people and places where there are no current suitable services
- Groups that provide vital community support to maintain some level of viability through these uncertain times where they are experiencing a significant loss of income as a result of the current crisis.
Priority will be given to organisations supporting those most vulnerable to meet needs that have arisen as a result of the current crisis including older people, people with long term health conditions, people with mental health difficulties, people affected by homelessness and other groups who are particularly vulnerable at this time. Within this, currently, priority will be given to groups undertaking food and medicine deliveries.
Whilst our first priority is aimed at projects that are providing direct support as outlined above, we are also keen to support groups with organisational running costs. If your organisation is not delivering a direct response to the current crisis but has suffered a loss of income as a result and is seeking a contribution to running costs, priority will be given to organisations that provide vital community support in areas of disadvantage who have a strong and demonstrable community reach and with limited reserves.
Size of grants
Grants are available of up to £2000.
Who can apply?
- Be based in North Yorkshire, York, East Riding of Yorkshire or Hull
- Have a management committee with at least 3 unrelated members
- Be a voluntary organisation, community group, small charity or other not for profit organisation
- Have a bank account in the group’s name (with two unrelated signatories)
How to apply?
Before applying, please read the Guidance Notes for this grant scheme carefully.
For further information & assistance please click here to read our FAQ document
Applications are only considered complete when all supporting documentation has been received either attached to the online application or emailed to email@example.com.
If you experience any difficulties with completing the application or providing any of the requested documentation please let us know via email.
When to apply?
Applications to this fund will be assessed on an ongoing basis subject to available funds.
We will aim to get a decision to you within 2 weeks of receiving a completed application.Apply