Hull Activity Grants
Two Ridings Community Foundation are working in partnership with Rank Foundation and Esmee Fairbairn Foundation to administer the Hull Activity Grants. The fund will seek to distribute around £25,000 per annum across 4 meetings.
The Hull Activity Grants are designed to help voluntary organisations, community groups, small charities and other types of not for profit organisation based in the area served by Hull City Council. Grants are available to help groups undertake activities which will help to strengthen local communities and build connectivity between people (community capital).
Projects must aim to address local needs. Priority will be given to projects where the grant covers the majority of the project costs.
Activities that could be funded:
- Host community events
- Purchasing new equipment/materials
- Setting up a new pilot project / starting a new group
- Staffing costs/volunteer expenses/professional fees
- Transport Costs
Please note: Successful applicants should wait one year from their original application date to apply again for a Hull Activity Grants. Multiple applications within one year will not be considered.
Size of grants
Grants are available up to £500
Who can apply?
- Serve the communities based in the area served by Hull City Council
- Be a voluntary organisation, community group, small charity or other not for profit organisation
- Have a bank account in the group’s name (with two unrelated signatories)
- Have a management committee with at least 3 unrelated members
How to apply?
Before applying, please read the Hull Activity Grants Guidance Notes for this grant scheme carefully.
When to apply?
Applications to this fund will be assessed on an ongoing basis subject to available funds. Decisions on awards in 2019/20 will be made in September, November and January.
Deadlines for applications to be considered at each meeting will be:
- 19th August 2019
- 14th October 2019
- 31st December 2019
Applications received after these deadlines will go forward into the next decision making meeting.Apply