Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis Community Funding
Funding for this scheme has been awarded by The National Lottery Community Fund. It recognises that communities affected by flooding have immediate needs, recovery needs and resilience needs. Two Ridings Community Foundation has already distributed grants to individuals and organisations to support those immediate and recovery responses and this funding will take the next step to supporting community resilience.
This fund will distribute grants to community groups and organisations working to support communities affected by flooding. The specific geographical locations that the fund will support activity in are:
- Snaith and East Cowick
- Bring people together and build strong relationships in and across communities
- Improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- Enable more people to fulfil their potential by working to address issues at the earliest possible stage
Further information, along with some types of activities that may be funded, can be found in the guidance notes below.
Size of grants
There may be multiple ways that the panel might award the funds, though from past experience we expect it may be distributed in award amounts such as these:
5-7 grants up to £750
4-6 grants up to £5,000
1-2 grants up to £15,000
This is just initial guidance though. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss your project and funding needs.
Who can apply?
- Be a small voluntary organisation, community group, small charity or other type of not for profit organisation provided that the purpose of the grant is wholly charitable
- Be working in Snaith, Cowick
- Have a constitution or governing document
- Have 3 unrelated people on their management committee
How to apply?
Please read the guidance notes for the priorities and some ideas of types of projects that may be funded: Community Guidance notes
When to apply?
There will only be one round. The deadline is 7th March 2022.Apply