The Yorkshire Coast Fund for the borough of Scarborough
We established The Yorkshire Coast Fund for the borough of Scarborough with a £200,000 donation from Scarborough Borough Council.
Funding is available to support local organisations delivering activity in the borough of Scarborough. In the first year of funding the focus was on Coronavirus recovery. The pandemic had an impact on the mental health and wellbeing of people. It increased financial pressures on individuals and families too. We prioritised applications from organisations who were providing direct delivery or support to people affected by Coronavirus pandemic.
The fund in 2023
Following on from that, funding will support projects that address the following priorities:
- Division within communities – enabling people to build social interaction
- Community cohesion
- Neighbourhood action
- Integration activities
- Community celebrations
- How well do you know your neighbour
- What is going on within your community
- Nice to have socials
Size of grants
You can apply for up to £2,5000.
You can apply for direct project costs. We are also committed to the principle of full cost recovery to ensure that groups are supported with ongoing sustainability. Small capital items could also included as part of your bid. However, capital costs should not make up more than 20% of what you are applying for.
Who can apply?
All groups should meet our general eligibility criteria, which can be found under How to Apply.
Your group must:
- Be based in and/or working in the borough of Scarborough (see green shaded area of map above)
- Have a management committee with at least 3 unrelated members
- Be a voluntary organisation, community group, registered charity or other not for profit organisation
- Have a bank account in the group’s name (with two unrelated signatories as a minimum)
- Have an annual income of under £500,000 based on current forecast annual income.
How to apply?
Firstly, please read the Scarborough Fund Guidance Notes carefully before applying. This will give you information about the fund and the priorities. So it will help you decide if your project meets the criteria. We have updated them since last year. So even if you have applied before, you will need to read them again.
Then, complete the online application form.
Lastly, please make sure you attach all your supporting documents to your application.
When to apply?
The fund is now open for applications. The deadline is the Monday 3rd July 2023.Apply for up to £2500