Could you be our next Trustee?
If the idea of being a trustee at one of the best Community Foundations in the UK whets your appetite, we’d love to hear from you. We have a great, engaged board but want to add to it with people passionate about improving lives across North & East Yorkshire.
Two Ridings CF is looking for committed individuals to join a highly skilled, friendly and engaged Board of Trustees. We are seeking dynamic and motivated individuals who are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of Two Ridings CF. We expect Trustees to play an active role on the Board by giving strategic direction and contributing to the successful and effective governance of Two Ridings CF.
We are a Quality Accredited Community Foundation and a lot of the credit for this is down to our board and the strategic direction and drive the trustees bring to the work of the small staff team and volunteers. Through our work encouraging local giving we can provide vital funds to the small, grassroots charities in our region. Our trustees not only lead the team but also help be ambassadors for the charity across business and social networks in the region. We offer a full induction programme and opportunities to see the impact of our work first hand.
Our offices are based at Clifton Moor York but we are active and out and about across all of York, North Yorkshire and East Yorkshire and want trustees who are passionate about our role to make a difference in our cities, towns and villages.
We want people who can commit to be a Two Ridings trustee and :
• Attend Board meetings, an annual development day and visit a number of funded projects;
• Contribute advice and support through attendance at committee meetings and on an ad hoc basis;
• Attend Two Ridings CF events (approx. three per year); and
• Proactively identify and help the Chief Executive and her team foster new donors and supporters.
For further information: if you would like to find out more and for an informal discussion please contact Jan Garrill, Chief Executive on 01904 929 500 or email her.
How to apply: To apply please email a covering letter (outlining why you are interested in this position and what you feel you could bring to the Board) along with your CV to Jan Garrill, Chief Executive at [email protected]
Closing date: Applications for trustee vacancies should be received by 5pm on 3rd April 2020
Interview meetings: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet Two Ridings CF chair and trustees and to attend a short interview in 16 April 2020 or 12th May 2020.
Start date: The successful applicant will commence Trustee duties from June 2020 (following successful completion of a Trustees Declaration of Eligibility form).
The duties of the Board of Trustees
Strategy and Management
• Approve and review the organisation’s strategy and objectives.
• Review the organisation’s performance relating to achievement of the strategy and objectives, the business development plans and budgets.
• Oversight of the organisation’s operations including:
– Maintenance and management of internal control systems;
– Adequate accounting and other records;
– Compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations.
• Approval of the annual budget and half year reforecast of budget.
• Approval of the annual report and accounts.
• Approval of significant changes in accounting policies.
• Approval of significant changes in treasury management policy.
• Ensuring maintenance of a sound system of internal control and risk management including:
– Approving the risk appetite statement;
– Reviewing the effectiveness of the risk control processes;
– Undertaking an annual review of these processes.
• Appointment of the Chief Executive.
• Succession planning for the Board to ensure there is an appropriate balance of skills and experience.
• Approval of appointments to the Board.
• Membership of the committees of the Board further to recommendations from Governance Committee.
• Undertaking a formal review of the Board’s effectiveness.