Yorkshire Coast Fund for Children and Young People
The Yorkshire Coast Fund for Children and Young People was established as a legacy of the visit of The Prince and Princess of Wales to Scarborough in 2022. Funds raised came from local donors keen to support the work of Two Ridings. Donors also want to make a long term impact on the wellbeing and aspirations of children and young people in the district.
How we will use the funds
The donations are a mixture of immediate and long term donations. Some will be used directly in the next three years. Others will be used to make grants in the region for ever, using returns from an endowment fund. This combination of funding and collective support by donors is typical of how community foundations work to maximise local giving for issues affecting different people and places.
- increase opportunities for children and young people
- promote their good health and wellbeing.
Size of grants
You can apply for up to £4,000.
Who can apply?
Your group must:
- Serve the communities based in the area previously known as Scarborough Borough Council,
- Have a management committee with at least 3 unrelated members,
- Be a voluntary organisation, community group, small charity or other not for profit organisation,
- Have a bank account in the group’s name (with two unrelated signatories).
Your project must:
- address local needs, and
- be co-produced in partnership with local children and young people.
We will give priority to projects where the grant covers most of the costs.
How to apply?
Firstly, before applying, please read the Yorkshire Coast CYP Fund Guidance for this grant scheme carefully. We have updated them, so even if you have applied before you should read them.
Next, fill in the online form.
Lastly, please attach your supporting documents to your application form. Your application is only complete when we receive your supporting documents. You can also email them to [email protected]
When to apply?
You can apply now. The closing date is Monday 5th June at 9am. We will hold a decision-making panel at the end of June and you will hear from us with a decision by mid July.