The Williams Family Fund
The Williams Family Fund was set up in 2022 to support children & young people in Yorkshire. The family want to create lasting impact and change for children and young people, particularly those who have experienced adversity in their lives.
The fund will focus on supporting charitable activity for the direct wellbeing of children, young people and their families in York, North Yorkshire, Hull, East Yorkshire and Doncaster based on addressing the following:
- Children in or coming out of care
- Young carers
- Children and families affected by fostering and/or adoption
- Children living in poverty
- Increasing opportunities for children and young people
- Social care
- Providing the digital infrastructure and other support to enable children and young people to access education and other activity that promotes learning
The panel had £100,000 to distribute across 2 panels. The first panel was heavily oversubscribed and 16% of applications were approved – the total amount distributed at that panel was £56,674.67. This is not a success rate we like. All the app to see and we recognise there is a huge demand for services for children and young people. We expect the second round to be oversubscribed too.
Size of grants
Grants are available up to £10,000.
The amount applied for can be used to cover activity costs for up to 2 years. For example you may apply for £10,000 for a project lasting 12 months or you may apply for £10,000 for a project lasting 24 months. £10,000 is the maximum you may apply for.
Who can apply?
Applications will be accepted from:-
- constituted voluntary and community groups
- registered charities
- social enterprises
- community interest companies (CIC’s must meet our additional criteria: https://www.tworidingscf.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Community-Interest-Companies.pdf
- parish councils (provided that the purpose of the grant falls outside of the councils usual remit)
- schools (provided that the purpose of the grant falls outside of the schools usual curricular activities. The income turnover limit does not apply in this case)
You should have at least 3 unrelated people on your management committee.
You should have a bank account in the name of your organisation.
As a general guide we consider a small charity to have an income of under £500k per annum. If your income is over this we may still be able to fund you. However we ask that you contact us before making an application.
How to apply?
Please click the ‘Apply’ link below for the application form.
Read the guidance notes here: The Williams Family Fund
When to apply?
The next deadline is 26th January 2023 for decisions late Febuary 2023Apply