Photos capturing the vibrancy of people and communities in Yorkshire chosen for Exhibition
Well, what can we say? Except a wholehearted ‘thank you’ to every single one of you who entered our recent photography competition. We were absolutely bowled over to receive 92 entries and I can tell you it was such a joy to go through them.
At Two Ridings we already know what a vibrant bunch of community organisations and fantastic, generous local people we walk alongside, and we know what a very special place Yorkshire is from inner city neighbourhoods to rural hamlets, but seeing your pictures capture that has been truly inspiring.
Here is a flavour of the photographs we received
It took our panel of judges hours to shortlist them, but shortlist them they did. Winners are yet to be announced but we are delighted to share with you the six groups shortlisted who will be joining us at the High Sheriff’s Photography Exhibition & Showcase in October and winning funding at the event:
- Artizan who believe in a more inclusive society through their shop and cafe in Harrogate
- Chopsticks which supports adults with disabilities to develop new skills in a workshop environment in Northallerton
- Pannal Scouts who provide scouting activities for around 80 boys and girls aged between 4 and 18
- Whitby Walled Garden that helps volunteers achieve a connection with nature to support their physical, emotional and social health
- Scarborough and Ryedale Mountain Rescue whose members give assistance to people who have got into difficulty in the outdoor environment, night and day
- Shine 21 a York charity who are dedicated to the lives of children with Down’s Syndrome
We also have some Highly Commended images who will be eligible for an audience prize on the evening of the event.
We are very much looking forward to hosting the groups and them sharing their stories around their image, about the projects they run and the people they support and inspire.
For us though, every single one of is a winner in so many ways, and we have loved hearing some of the feedback from them.
“Such a shame we didn’t get through, but our workers had great fun taking the photos!”
“Hope you have a great exhibition, the idea of using visual imagery to tell the story is so refreshing”
Winning and Highly Commended shots will be excitedly announced after the Exhibition.
If you would like to come along to the Photography Exhibition & Showcase, tickets can be purchased here.