Welcome to Two Ridings Community Foundation
Thank you for visiting the Two Ridings Community Foundation website. On this site you can:
- Find out about grants you can apply for
- Find out how to donate or set up a fund to support grassroots charities
- Find out about some of the great people we work with – grassroots groups and supporters
Nationally, and locally we are the trusted, expert advisor on giving, philanthropy and grant making. We ensure donors’ funds make a difference across North and East Yorkshire. We are the accredited Community Foundation for giving and grant making in North & East Yorkshire. We are a member of UK Community Foundations which gives us access to national or governmental funds to distribute locally.
During the Coronavirus pandemic we have raised nearly £3m in funds and so far (Feb 2021) have distributed nearly £2.3m to over 400 local groups. We know 2021 and 2022 are going to be tough years for local charities and would urge anyone wanting to donate to consider supporting grassroots groups in North & East Yorkshire via Two Ridings Community Foundation.
Support us and change lives
What is a community foundation?
- Hub for philanthropy & local giving
- Trusted local grant maker for grassroots charities
- Making a difference locally
- Local partner for national funders
- Quality Assured advice and grants
- Here in a crisis with easy to access grants
- High impact grassroots grant making
- Effective alternative to Charitable Trusts
- Effective partner for Corporate Social Responsibility
SELFA, a local children’s charity in Skipton. We funded this charity in March 2020 as part of the first wave of Coronavirus Community Grants. The grant helped SELFA to provide essential support to the local community including co-ordinating volunteers, organising food and medicine deliveries and providing activities and food parcels to vulnerable children and young people.
This grant, one of 400 made to date (February 2021) was made possible thanks to the many generous donors and supporters of Two Ridings. The Two Ridings Coronavirus Community Fund, currently at £2.1m, aims to support the many local charitable groups response to the coronavirus crisis in North & East Yorkshire. We have set up this fund to be a flexible and responsive source of funds to help keep people safe, fed, well and connected. Read our November 2020 update report on the work of the Foundation.
These are the areas we fund and where we improve lives:
Subscribe to our email newsletter
Get regular updates on all of our latest projects supported and funds available.